Lung Cancer Community
Bronchoscopy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Bronchoscopy

Hello I've had some pretty bad issues with the trachea and bronchi from smoking dry tobacco, filterless cigarettes and stuff.

doctors have been systematically ignoring me. I'm thinking, if I find the money, I'll do bronchoscopy in a private clinic.

are there any recommendations for bronchoscopy? due to extreme stress I smoked on it in the past few months, should I wait for the bronchi to clean up before the examination or is it irrelevant?

thanks.
Hi there!
It would be difficult to comment on the situation without a detailed description of the symptoms or a detailed clinical evaluation. There has to be an indication for bronchoscopy to be performed. Since I assume you symptoms are confined to the upper respiratory tract, I would suggest considering an evaluation by an ENT specialist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. If there are definite lower respiratory tract symptoms, an evaluation by a pulmonologist may be required.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hi there!
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!