Lung Cancer Community
CT Scan Report

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

CT Scan Report

My dad had cough since 15 days. Doc suggested xray and then CT Scan. CT scan findings are suggestive of :
- CENTRAL BRONCHOGENIC MASS LESION RIGHT UPPER ZONE WITH MEDIASTINAL INVASION.
- MEDIASTINAL LYMPHADENOPATHY.
- SECONDARY DEPOSITS RIGHT LOWER ZONE
- CYSTIC SOFT TISSUE MASS RIGHT ADRENAL AREA
? SECONDARY DEPOSIT/ BENIGN CYST LESION.

As my father is feared person, We also fear to get his biopsy. By this he will know that he has cancer. Can anyone tell after reading above findings whether it is lung cancer or not.
Also please suggest whether without doing biopsy we can treat him thru homeopathy or with aruvedic. please suggest me in details. My father is smoker.
awaiting replies.
thanx
Hi.
The CT scan can suggest malignancy at the most, it is not diagnostic. For cancer to be diagnosed a biopsy needs to be done. This is because it must be demonstrated that whatever is growing has behavior that can only be estimated from the specimen sent by the biopsy. Cancer invades its surrounding structures, and has the capacity to metastasize (colonize a distant organ), both features are judged from the biopsy. An imaging tool can at most, judge that a lesion/mass is locally invading, but it cannot gauge metastatic potential.
The presence of a specific lesion and lymph nodes is pretty suspicious and thus it warrants a biopsy to find out if it is malignant or not. The adrenals are particularly favored by lung cancer as a site of metastasis, but the description is uncertain. The lesion may also be a benign growth or a chronic infection, with the lymph nodes reacting against it.
I understand that there are anxieties with finding out what one fears. I would also not be surprised if a situation arises in which a biopsy is done, and if the result returns as positive, then it is completely denied. This is all within the bounds of human nature, if his only coping mechanism is to deny, then he may have a benign lesion and worry himself over something that may be curable.
Seeking alternative (or as I prefer to call them - complementary) treatments is agian understandable. But perhaps, it is also good to find out what treatment options are available using Western medicine, and then make a decision.
My best to you.