Lung Cancer Community
CT Scan Results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

CT Scan Results

My father had a CT Scan about 4 months ago.  The his cardiologist  called with the results saying that everything for the most part was fine but that they would talk more in July when he came in for a stress test.  Today the Dr. told him that they did see a small spot on his lungs but that there is no need to worry, they will just look at it again in 2 years.  We want to get a second opinion.  What kind of Dr. do we take his results to, a Diagnostic Radiologist?
well typically a radiologist interperets ct scans.
i would say follow up with a pulmonalogist, it may be nothing though.  however a pulmonoligist may do  bronchoscopy with a bx in order to determine if the spot is worrisome or in need of follow up in 2 yrs.
My husband had a small spot in his lung, they said nothing to worry about.repeat CT scans every 2 months.he did, in March said still nothing to worry about. In May full blown lung, lumpth node, 2 brain tumors, and spinal tumors. Please get a second opinion I would see a Cancer specialist. My husband died last July, 06. Time of diagnosis to death 12 weeks. I encourage you to get your father further tests immediately. Had they treated my husband aggresively, I believe I would still have him. Best wishes and prayers.
My dad was Diagnosed with Lung Cancer in June 19/07.  He went for a CT scan and found that he also had cancer on his spine he was scheduled immediately for therapy, they did 5 days of radiotherapy consecutively.  He had a follow up scan about 4 weeks ago, there is still no word back on the results.  There has been no further treatment since July 10/07/  Any ideas as to why it is taking so long?