CT results concerning-what does this mean?
My husband got his CT results on the mass in his lung. It is a large mass--7.2mm at wide point. the report said the mass was indeterminate but concerning and recommended PET. I thought the CT would determine if it were cancer, at least. And what are the odds that a mass that large has not metastasized? I know it doesn’t really matter but he has no symptoms of metastasis. So hard to keep waiting . . .
For give me, but have you looked at 7.2mm on a ruler?  That's 7.2 millemeters, which is about the length of a pea.  7.2cm (centimeters) would be a different matter; that's almost the width of the palm of my hand.  I'm not discounting your concern at all, because anytime you have any type of mass in your body that might be cancer, it's scary.  And I agree that it is frustrating to have to wait on the results of more tests, especially after you thought you were going to get your answer from the CT.  As for the news that the mass is "indeterminate," I invite you to take that as good news.  It could still NOT be cancer.  You haven't been told that it's cancer yet, so it's still not cancer.  If the radiologist says he wasn't able to tell what it is, and a PET scan is needed, then a PET scan it is.  Stressful, I know -- but today, your husband does not have cancer.  In fact, he still might never, ever have cancer.  I don't think anybody can say what the chances of metastasis are when the doctors don't even know that it's cancer.  If it's not cancer, there's no chance of metastasis.  If it is cancer, it depends on what type of cancer it is.  They will have to biopsy it and look at the cells under a microscope.  Some masses can't even be diagnosed as cancer or not cancer, without a biopsy.  I hope you get a definitive, and good, answer soon.  The waiting is hard.  I'm sorry the two of you have to go through this.  
I'm so sorry. I wish that statement was correct--it is 7.2 cm.
Oh, I'm so sorry, too, although I think there's still hope.  I continue to wish you and your husband all the best.  I don't see any way around going through all the tests that the doctors feel they need.  Please keep us posted, and I'll be here for you any way that I can.  I hope you and he are holding up well.  I wish there was an easier way through this.  I will be thinking about you and checking this thread to see what you find out.  
Dr called today and said PET shows some 'possible' metabolic activity in the center of the 7cm mass but no real hot spots came up anywhere (no lymph node activity, etc). She said since my husband was a smoker, she still needs to rule out cancer. She had the ct scan reviewed to determine if a needle biopsy was possible but the location of the mass is too risky for a needle biopsy. She spoke to the head of the pulmonary dept who agreed to take his case. --Hopefully that apt will happen on Wed. Overall, I'm really encouraged since no areas of metastasis are showing up on the PET . . . We do realize that there is still a tough road ahead regardless because the mass will have to be handled as it's causing respiratory issues.
Thanks for the update.  Have been thinking about you.  Keep calm and carry on.