Lung Cancer Expert Forum
Can Someone Please Help Me Out a Little

Welcome to the International Lung Cancer forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Can Someone Please Help Me Out a Little
Okay... Earlier on i got a phone call from my Doctor, i had a chest X-Ray done a couple days ago and they said they want me to get a CT-Scan done on my lungs because, i have a lot of scar tissue, chronic lung??? something (cant remember maybe condition), and  hyper inflated lungs, pretty bad, also i have asthma. In the past couple months I've had bad chest pains and a lot of trouble breathing especially before i go to bed at night and when i wake up in the morning. Now... I highly doubt i have Cancer but i am a smoker and i am around smoke very often and have been for only 6 years so far a pack to a pack and a half a day. So i have to get the CT-Scan done probably tomorrow or in 2 days. but im just nervous and I'm only going to be 19, but something just doesnt feel right with my chest.     what could these be possible symptoms of? and i know i'm young and havent been smoking all that long but i do have asthma but im 18 years old 6 foot and 160lbs
Form your description, you obviously have lung disease, but there is nothing to specifically suggest lung cancer. Please relax. I think that the CT has been ordered to get a detailed imaging of the lung and document extent of disease.
Smoking is a bad idea for anyone. For you, it could lead to severe health deterioration. Please quit smoking right away. Seek professional help if necessary.
Continue to be under the supervision of a pulmonologist.
All the best for the CT scan, and God Bless!
thank you very much but, what kind of lung diseases are possible?
I hope you have quit smoking.
Any condition that causes chronic inflammation of the lung tissue can result in scarring.
Common causes include smoking, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases), pulmonary fibrosis, emphysema, inhalation of dust, fumes, or metals, farmers lung, interstitial lung diseases, infection (bacteria, tuberculosis, fungus) etc.
Please consult your pulmonologist for getting appropriate investigations done.
Good Luck!