Lung Cancer Expert Forum
Cause of lung nodules
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Lung Cancer forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cause of lung nodules

have been having yearly cat scans for 5 years.  There has been no change until April of this year.  I have no health problems, 65 years old female, never smoked, no cancer in family. I have yearly blood work and everything is normal, no symptoms.  THe reason for cat scans for 5 years is that the first one was for stomach problems and it picked up the lung nodules

This scan noted 10 nodular densities, many new nodules when compared to prior ct.  Progressive area of consolidation within the right middle lobe.  New infiltrative densities within lingula and middle lobe.  My pulmonary dr. said he is 98% sure no cancer but still I am worried.  He also did blood work for lupus.  THey took 13 vials of blood.

I had a Pet Scan today but am going to be nervous until results.  With all this blood work and a full body PET scan they are sure to find something.  With these cat scan results is there any chance I don't have cancer.  The nodule that got larger currently measures 7.7 x 6.4 mm with a volume of 150. 2, measured 116.6 mm three months ago   What, other than cancer would cause these nodules.