Concerned about having lung cancer
Hi I'm 20 years old and lately I've been concerned that I have lung cancer. About a month ago I started feeling more exhausted and dizzy and have begun to fall asleep quickly at night. Some of my other symptoms include back pain which began a month ago, not feeling as though I'm able to take in enough air (having to take deeper breaths/yawn) which started 1-2 weeks ago, and the past 5 days I've been producing extra saliva. I've always coughed up phlem especially in the morning and the past few times there was traces of blood intertwined in it. Would love to know your opinion?
HI,
How are you? What initial diagnostic tests were done? I understand your concern regarding your symptoms. Genes, smoking and environmental factors increases the risk of lung cancer.  Imaging techniques include chest X-rays, bronchoscopy , CT scans, MRI scans, and PET scans may help determine the underlying cause. However, definite diagnosis of lung cancer is with a biopsy. Blood in the phlegm may also be caused by an infection. Hope this helps. Take care and do keep us posted.

I was mid diagnosed for months. I had symptoms similar to your. Then one day I woke up and one of my pupils was smaller than the other. It was then that I was finally diagnosed with a Pancoast Tumor with Horners Syndrome. The tumor did not show up in any X-rays. Do not listen to your doctors. Insist on a cat scan of the lungs and brachial plexus. If caught early enough. The surgery is not as bad. This is a very serious condition and misdiagnosed too often. Please let me know how you are doing now.