Lung Cancer Community
Could this turn out to be Cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Could this turn out to be Cancer?

My husband has had chronic bronchisis since he was just bout 30 yrs old he has never smoke. The Dr then he was seeing told him his lungs were honeycomb and that it looked like he had the lungs of a 80 yr old man. He is 44 now and has lived with this condition for yrs. My question is tho he went for a physical a few days ago and two days later the Dr called him saying he has a front left paraspinal mass 2cm on his lung. Is this something we should be concerned about? Please help I'm really worried about this, but my husband say's I'm making to much out of this..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How is your husband? What are the symptoms present? While honeycomb lung has been associated with chronic lung diseases, it is nonspecific as to  the cause.  ( ref: http://www.ajronline.org/content/196/4/773.full.pdf)
A diverse group of diseases can lead to honeycombing and the presence of paraspinal mass may warrant  further evaluation by his doctors. Additional diagnostic tests will help rule out cancer or malignancy. I do understand your worry regarding the results and I recommend that you talk to his doctors about this to ease any anxiety. Write down all questions that are not clear - including the management plan and discuss this with his attending. Do keep us posted. Take care and best regards.