Lung Cancer Community
Cysts in lungs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Cysts in lungs

I have just been told I have 2 cysts in the top part of my lungs and that it is down to smoking, is this something I should be worried about? (giving up smoking is the start of course)
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present?  Can you elaborate on the 2 cysts found in your lung? Indeed, smoking is a risk factor and smoking cessation is important in the management plan. However, further tests may need to be done to evaluate these cysts. It is best that you discuss the result with your doctor for proper management. Your medical history and physical examination are important considerations.
Hi Dr Santos, thank you for your reply. I presented with symptoms that have now been dx'd as costochondritis. I had a ct scan which showed no other abnormalities. The findings were "Two subpleural cycts noted in both apical segments measuring up to 10mm in diameter and of no clinical significance". The doctor was unconcerned. Thank you for your input.