FLUID IN THE LEFT LUNG
Hi Doctors:

Thank you all so very much for participating and helping us.  My question is,my husband had fluid drained in the left lung just a few days ago.  The color is clear but now the fluid has come back again.  The cardiologist and pulmonary Doctors saw my husband cause he also have a little bit of fluid in his heart and they both said that his fine,but yet they don't exactly know what really cause the fluid in both his heart and lung.  He is still coughing and it sounds like a dry cough and sometimes he has a hard time breathing.  He can't lay down flat,he has to lay with his head in an upward position.  What do you think cause the fluid in both the heart and left lung? and why did it come back again?  My husband work at the airport here in NY for 21 years,could that have anything to do with it?.
The Doctors can't seem to find anything,they're saying that there's no infection and it's not showing anything,doctors said that all the cultures came back negative.  Now his complaining that his left calve is hurting really bad and it hurts when you touch it.  Please help us,we are lost and don't know where to go from here,his still in the hospital.  Thank You Doctors.

This discussion is related to questions about test results and treatments.