Hamartoma or Lung Cancer for 82-yr-old
Can a 82-yr-old have hamartoma?  I've read the age is much younger to have hamartoma.  Told my dad has stage 4 lung cancer - grew from 10mm to 4cm in one year (Cat scan with contrast).  Refuses biopsy and treatment - no symptoms.  Reading internet and found "hamaroma" so wondering if he maybe could have this.   Thank you

An 82 yo can have a hamartoma. A hamartoma would have some characteristic features, such as the popcorn appearance. The presence of fat (this is usually a dark spot) within the nodule is also a good indicator that it is a hamartoma.
The increase in size in less than a year however does raise the odds that it is malignant. Older age is also associated with a higher incidence of cancer, so there is a higher risk. A biopsy though would still be best to make sure it is cancer. Without the biopsy, specific therapy may be difficult to advise. Health providers may also not be able to lend support in the absence of definitive evidence of cancer.
Stay positive.