Lung Cancer Expert Forum
Have i or havent i?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Lung Cancer forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Have i or havent i?

Hi there

Hope you can help

I am a 26 year old man, dont smoke and rarely drinks alcohol. A few days ago i got a small ammount of blood in my spit for about 10 mins worth of spitting. Then this stopped and has not happened again. Then today i have woke up with a pain on the right shoulder when i breath really deeply. Is this a sign of Lung cancer or an i just worrying too much?

Do you get blood all the time in your spit and cough if you have lung cancer?
Am i too young to have contracted lung cancer?

thanks for any advice

John
Related Discussions
322973_tn?1239908038
Hi,
After vigrous coughing, a small amount of blood seen in the sputum is not unusual.
Likewise, some discomfort on "really deep breathing" is also not alarming.
If you still have cough or sputum production, please consult a doctor. An xray of the chest and a sputum test may be useful.
All the best, and God Bless!
5 Comments
Blank
I dont have a cough at all and have not had blood in the spit for a few days now.

If you have lung cancer do you normally have a cough and blood in spit constantly?

thanks
Blank
322973_tn?1239908038
Hi,
Constant blood in sputum in lung cancer can occur if the cancer is advanced, or if early cancer is on or rear the main windpipe (doctors call this "endobronchial" cancer).
Most early lung cancers do not result in blood in sputum. Cough may be present in such cases.
Relax!
Blank
Thanks for your advice.

Today i have got up and have no pain in my shoulder at all when i breath and also no blood again in my sputum. Think i was worrying about nothing.

Thanks again for your great input as always
Blank
322973_tn?1239908038
Hi,
Blood streaked sputum needs investigation. Please seek an appointment with your doctor.
He/she may like to order chest imaging and other tests to diagnose your problem.
Good luck, and pl keep me posted on your condition.
Blank
A related discussion, lung ct scan was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank