Lung Cancer Community
Health anxiety vs. lung cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Health anxiety vs. lung cancer

Hello all. Im a 23 year old female and I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to point out that I suffer from major health anxiety and an addiction to webmd, which does not help whatsoever.

Anyways, on the left side of my ribs I have this dull ache that comes and goes for no reason whatsoever, what I mean is it doesn't matter if I'm taking a deep breath or stretching or applying pressure to it, it randomly aches and it scares me that it could be a tumor. Also I have some pain in my left shoulder, but got an EEG which ruled out a heart attack. I've been to a couple of different doctors about my rib pain, but they tell me it's either an upper respiratory infection or that my ribs are sore from coughing (I had the flu and an upper respiratory infection this winter season). They didn't do any X-rays or MRIs to rule out lung cancer, or anything, but they assure me it's as simple as being bruised from coughing. I've also wondered about the possibility of a pinched nerve, but since I'm a hypochondriac, my mind always goes to the worst possible scenario.

Can anyone offer any insight to what the problem could be? Aside from the random aches, I'm not really suffering from the other lung cancer symptoms like wheezing or a chronic cough or coughing up blood, but I've also read that is in the later stages and shoulder pain/ body aches are some initial symptoms.
Stop thinking about it. It's highly unlikely that you have lung cancer.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lung Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...