Lung Cancer Community
Help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Help.

In the span of about 6 months I have been getting extreme pain in my lung/heart area about twice a month. The 'attacks' occured randomly and every breath I took, even extremely shallow, the pain would seem to increase tenfold.
The pain would become so intense I simply could not draw air in anymore, as it hurt...bad. After about one-two minutes the pain gradually tapers off and after about two-three deep breaths I wasnt able to feel the pain anymore. I'm only seventeen and I have no idea why I would be getting these pains. The last 'attack' was last night, the worst one to date, and I would like an opinion before I go to the doctor, as I work everyday and can not really afford to miss a day unless it is extremely important. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
It doesn't sound normal for a 17 yr old to experience such symptoms. You need to go see a doctor ASAP.
I talked to my dad about it and he said he has had the same although I don't believe he is talking about the same thing. He said that a couple of times his chest hurt when he took a deep breath and the last time it happened, he inhaled deeply and said he felt something pop and never felt it again, but I was not physically able to take a deep breath for about 1-2 minutes as the pain would be unreal. If we where experiencing the same he would not have been able to take a deep breath. Also I think I should add that I am 5'10 140lbs....are you sure I should seek medical attention?