Lung Cancer Community
How do I get answers to my questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

How do I get answers to my questions

I have posted several times with no answers from an expert.  I had a car accident so a CT was done. On it
was found a nodule with irregular borders it is only 6x8mm no calcification. I am not to concerned and was going
to skip a follow up CT scan.  I am not a heavy smoker just smoke randomly for about 5 years but when I do smoke it
is usually non filter menthol cigarettes.  I have had a persistent cough for over a year and do cough up little balls that remind me of tapioca and they have a small dark spot in the center of them. Could this just be my immune system doing it's job.  I do have mold in my walls that was removed.  Should I bother with the follow up CT Scan or would waiting longer be a better way to go and see if the symptoms go away.  I don't want to waste ins. money unnecessarily as CT scans are expensive.  I feel my risk of lung cancer is low but the doctor was concerned about the irregular borders.  I am a 48 year old female and did have precancerous polyps removed a few weeks ago from my colon.

This discussion is related to treatment and recovery from lung/brain cancer.