Lung Cancer Community
Is It Lung Cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Is It Lung Cancer?

my husband was in hosptl wit  pnemonia (pneumonia)..taken x ray and blood test.received antibiotics fluids..now discharged..after 1 week again  xray done there is bilateral hilar congestion with accntuated bronchovascular marking.so doctor advised that do chest CT. CT done.there is finding,area of homogenous low attnuation wedge shape consolidation seen at lower lobe of left lung and the base seen towards the pleura and an ill defined air bronchogram could seen for followup and further assessment-small subcentimeter enlarged lymph nodes seen at prevascular region.-th right lung feild appear normal.-no definte lung parenchymal massesor focal lesions could be detected at right lung.no pleural effusion could beseen at both sides.average size of the heart.the cuts passed through esophagusare unremarkable....please advise is it siging of lung cancer? has he lungcancer?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed report or having an accrual look at the images, it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation; though there are no definite signs of cancer on the CT and the findings are largely suggestive of infections/ inflammation. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with his treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!