Lung Cancer Expert Forum
Large Ground Glass Nodule on CT in breast cancer patient
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Lung Cancer forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Large Ground Glass Nodule on CT in breast cancer patient

My 83 year old MIL has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. As she also has Alzheimers disease the only treatment is tamoxifen (no surgery). She started on the tamoxifen 5 weeks ago.As the breast cancer was found following a significant weight loss (14lb in 2 months, no appetite and general lethargy), the consultant ordered CT scan of head, chest and abdomen. Appt for results not for 2 weeks, but i was told that there is a "large ground glass nodule in one lung". She had a ct scan 3 years ago following a blood clot in her leg, and at that time a small spiculated nodule was found in the same lung - it didnt grow in a 3 month period so no follow ups on that in the last 3 years. This new scan shows the ground glass nodule in the same lung, although I do not know if it is the same nodule that has grown. I do not know size of this nodule. In her 20's she suffered from TB and had part of a lung removed at that time.
Can you please tell me what the likelihood is that this ground glass nodule is cancer? I need to be prepared for her next visit to see the consultant.
Thank you