Lung Cancer Expert Forum
Lung Cancer

Welcome to the International Lung Cancer forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Lung Cancer
Hi, i am a 26 year old man living in England who has never smoked and drinks maybe 1 time every couple of weeks.

For the last few days i have been getting a few bits of blood in my saliva as well as some headaches (more like pressure headaches) as well as a little decongrestion in the nose area. Yesterday i blew my nose and there was a tiny tiny bit of blood in that too.

The Saliva is mainly in the morning i find but i do get traces later in the day as well. Can anyone suggest what this could be....I am just really worried that its lung cancer. Can this occur to someone my age who does not smoke?

thanks

John
Lung cancer is known to occur in non smokers.
In your case, based only on your current symptoms, it is unlikely that you have lung cancer. You seem to have an upper respiratory infection. Have you had any exposure to tuberculosis in the past?
Please consult your doctor, who will examine you and perhaps get a chest imaging done to determine and treat the cause of blood streaked sputum.
All the best, and God Bless!
For the past 3 days i have had no blood in my sputum. Just got this slight pain in the middle of my chest now.
It is good to hear of the improvement in your symptoms.
Good Luck!