Lung Cancer Community
Lung spots showed on Heart scan

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Lung spots showed on Heart scan

I went with my husband to have a heart scan.  I did this mostly to support him since his father died of heart disease, and he is overweight.  My heart scan had a result of 0, with my husbands at 759.  Never did I suspect that I would get a call from radiology, then our new doctor stating that I have spots on my lower right lobe and they need to see my right away. I am 49, only been smoking for 4 years, and in pretty good shape.  I am a manager in a gas/convenience store, so I am constantly on the run.  My shoulder starting at work when I lifted something heavy up pretty high, still hurts when I lay down.  The doctor has gotten me in Wed morning for my first appt with her, but just called to tell me they want to do a full scan of my chest and abdomen.  The doctor was interested in knowing that my mother has hystoplasmosis.  What can I expect?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What are other symptoms present? Nodules or spots  in the lungs may be due to a variety of issues such as infection including conditions such as histoplasmosis, sarcoidosis, and pneumonia. Histoplasmosis is a lung disease that is transmitted through airborne spores of the fungus H. capsulatum which can be found in damp soils that are rich in organic materials. The spores, when they enter in the lungs may lead to inflammation of the lymph nodes and scarring, which can appear as a lung nodule on a CT scan. Discuss this with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
I have been diagnosed with Lymphoma, they are doing a biopsy tomorrow morning.  Expected to start radiation and chemotherapy soon.  My lymphoma is above the diaphram, and she said that it is good news and that I can fight it.  What to expect next?