Mommalisa4
Hi. I had CAT scan of abdomin in April 2012 - for left flank pain - abdomin was clear, and said lung BASES are clear. Had another abdominal CAT scan in Mar 2013 for right lower back pain and lower right abdominal pain. - results abdomin clear but 3-4 mm nodule in right MIDDLE of lung. Did previous scan not see it? Or has it grown from nothing  since  April 2013 - to be 3-4 mm nodule. Should I worry. Dr. said no...come back in a year to re-scan. Other notes-still have abdominal pain & lower right back W/ hemmroids & rectal pressure...having colonoscopy in three weeks.
How are you? What are the symptoms present? Lung nodules or small masses of tissue in the lung, are quite common and may be caused by  infections, such as histoplasmosis or tuberculosis, a small collection of normal cells, lung cysts, and vascular abnormalities. It is possible that the nodule is new especially if it has been a year since your last scan. Follow up or periodic imaging is usually requested for such nodules, to monitor any change in size or character. Take care and do keep us posted.