New Lung Nodule

I had a chest x-ray due to a bad cold and bronchitis to check for pnemonia(sp?).  The radiologist discovered a 6.6 mm nodule in my right lung and told me to followup with my primary Dr. for a possible  CT scan. My primary Dr. didn't seemed to be concerned and said didn't need a CT Scan.  After researching on the Internet it seems otherwise.    
I am 46 and a non-smoker.  This would be a new lung nodule as I had a CT scan done about a year ago on my abdomen and that was clean.   My question is should I be having a CT Scan and follwoup CT Scans for this nodule?  or is my Primary correct and need not worry about it.

The contention here is the risk category. The American College of Chest Physicians recommends optional follow-up for nodules that are less than or equal to 4 mm for those patients without risk factors for lung cancer. For a size more than 6mm, a re-evaluation at 6 to 12 months with a scan to look for stability is recommended. This recommendation however is based on consensus only (and is not meant to supplant the clinical decision of the physician). The natural history of subcentimeter nodule is not as well documented as larger nodules. Stay positive.