Lung Cancer Community
Nodular Opacity found on my right upper lung

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

A small nodular opacity was found on the upper right side of my lung area. The ER didn't seem too worried as he said most of these granular opacities and the way it looked from radiation dept report sounded like it wasn't malignant. He said a CT Scan or MRI was too early and to wait 2 months (my main dr, who is an internist and cardiologist said 4 months??) and let it grow because it was too small?!!! A comparison from a past x-ray was suggested but that was Jan 1995 and it showed clear. What's the story..I mean the doctor saying that a CT or MRI would’ve been too harmful and too much radiation after the x-ray back in mid September-but the report also said at the end..other enmities cannot be excluded and so forth. Sound to me like these medical experts are playing around with my life. What if I have lung cancer that they could have detected early and it might be too late now? Anyone with any answers as I cannot afford a CT Scan or MRI until next month or two (December or January..and maybe that can be too late) due to a change in my medical insurance. Any suggestions?