Non-calcified nodule in the right lung base getting bigger?
I had a CT scan in June 2012 after having surgery complications.  A 6mm, non-calcified nodule was found in the right lung base.  I had Xray in December 2012 and it was still there.  I was in the ER last week and PA suspected appendicitis so he sent me off for a CT scan.  The nodule is now 5x7mm.  What should I be requesting from my NP on this?  I am now 31YO but smoked about 3 packs of cigarettes in my teens, also worked in a building that contained abestos.  
How are you? What are the symptoms present? Majority or over 90% of lung nodules that are smaller than 2 centimeters in diameter are benign. These may be attributed inflammation in the lung as a result of an infection or disease producing inflammation in the body.  If there was a sight increase in size, further imaging, such as a CT scan of your chest or a PET scan as well as biopsy may need to be done. Have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Smoking and asbestos exposure are also important considerations. Take care and do keep us posted.