Aa
A
A
Close
3116781 tn?1341926185
Noncalcified Nodular opacity 1.3cm found between anterior 1st and 2nd ribspace
Ok,this is new to me. Ive never posted on a site like this before so please bear with me...I went to the er for what I thought was gallbladder pain...while doing regular tests to check my gallbladder they found a lower left lung granuloma, potential left upper lobe nodule, and a noncalcifiednodular opacity in the upper left lung seen between the anterior 1at and 2dn ribspace, and measuring 1.3 cm. I had been to the doctor a few months ago and had to have a chest xray to check for fluid (had a major case of the flu) and there was nothing on the xray. Now all of a sudden there are these 3 things. I am usually the one who holds it together but this has me worried.

I am (was) a smoker, not a heavy smoker, only about 4-5 cigs a day and I was usually around people who smoked. I am really worried about this and was just wondering if anyone out there could explain what these things mean.

I am hearing that if it is calcified then that is a good thing, and vice versa...very conflicting answers. I am just trying to keep it together until I can get to a doctor to get a ct without contrast and a second opinion...but since i am recently uninsured I am looking for any answers people have that could possibly help.

Thank you for reading!
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Possible causes of the opacities include infections, inflammations, congestion, granulomatous conditions, growths/ masses etc. The pattern of calcification may help distinguish between these at times. I would suggest consulting a pulmonologist for an accurate diagnosis and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
1711789 tn?1361311607
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
3116781 tn?1341926185
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lung Cancer Community Resources