Noncalcified Nodular opacity 1.3cm found between anterior 1st and 2nd ribspace
Ok,this is new to me. Ive never posted on a site like this before so please bear with me...I went to the er for what I thought was gallbladder pain...while doing regular tests to check my gallbladder they found a lower left lung granuloma, potential left upper lobe nodule, and a noncalcifiednodular opacity in the upper left lung seen between the anterior 1at and 2dn ribspace, and measuring 1.3 cm. I had been to the doctor a few months ago and had to have a chest xray to check for fluid (had a major case of the flu) and there was nothing on the xray. Now all of a sudden there are these 3 things. I am usually the one who holds it together but this has me worried.

I am (was) a smoker, not a heavy smoker, only about 4-5 cigs a day and I was usually around people who smoked. I am really worried about this and was just wondering if anyone out there could explain what these things mean.

I am hearing that if it is calcified then that is a good thing, and vice versa...very conflicting answers. I am just trying to keep it together until I can get to a doctor to get a ct without contrast and a second opinion...but since i am recently uninsured I am looking for any answers people have that could possibly help.

Thank you for reading!
Hi there!

Possible causes of the opacities include infections, inflammations, congestion, granulomatous conditions, growths/ masses etc. The pattern of calcification may help distinguish between these at times. I would suggest consulting a pulmonologist for an accurate diagnosis and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!