Progression of cancer
My husband was diagnosed with lung cancer in August 2010.  It is stage 4 and has already spread to his brain, liver, spleen, a lymph node and the bone in his right hip.  He was told that a cure would not be possible but that they could improve the qualitiy of his remaining life.  He had radiation for 14 days and it did shrink the tumor in his lymph node in his neck.  They assume it also shrank the brain tumors.  He had 5 chemo treatments and then they scanned his abdomen again.  His liver tumor had grown from 3.7 to 4.1 cm.  They changed his chemo med and are doing 3 more treatments.  I would like to know more about all that is going on and what to expect.  His oncologist seems to prefer being fague.  In a situation like this, what is likely to be the progress of the disease?  Is it more likely the brain tumors, lung tumors, or liver tumor will progress more quickly?  Which tumors are most likely to be the cause of his death?  I'm concerned the brain tumors will make it impossible for him to make decisions or do anything long before the cancer actually takes his life.  He will not do a will, health care poa or finanacial poa.  He believes he is going to be healed because someone prayed over him and told him he was.  I know I can't make him do anything but I would like more information about what to expect as fas as his cancer is concerned.

Duh.  Fague, should be vague.  Sorry, I made a typo and didn't catch it until too late.