Lung Cancer Community
Recent Diagnosis of a lung issue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Recent Diagnosis of a lung issue

I have been dealing with IBS and GERD issues for quite some time, but recent tests indicate maybe GERD is a misdiagnosis.  So IBS was determined the probable culprit, but my doctor ordered an x-ray "to make sure nothing else was going on."  The x-ray showed that I had "scarring" on my lung and left breast bone." so she ordered  a CT Scan with contrast to dig deeper.  My doctor is out of the office for the next week, but a relief doctor sent me the radiology report which states, "1) Minor linear scarring or atelectasis in the lung bases with slight peleural thickening on the right.  This is probably a chronic finding such as scarring.  No acute infiltrate seen.  2) a 1 cm sclerotic lesion on the sternum is mostly likely an incidental bone island.  3) Not mentioned above, there is also a small sclerotic lesion in the posterior left 10th rib."  

My mother died of lung cancer about 7 years ago.  I have never smoked, etc.  I did recently (April) have a bad case of bronchitis, but nothing else that I can remember in my life.  Should I be concerned about the CT and x-ray findings?:
Rory...

Can you tell me what your symptoms of acid reflux/gerd were.  I'm kind of dealing with similiar issues after my endoscopy revealed no reasons for reflux..  I don't have "burning" but rather a discomfort in my chest and then pain when taking a deep breath that feels like my lungs.

I saw a pulminory doctor yesterday and had a chest xray but don't have results yet.  Also, PPI meds don't do a thing for me, so I'm really confused.

Looking forward to your reply.