Aa
A
A
Close
Recent Diagnosis of a lung issue
I have been dealing with IBS and GERD issues for quite some time, but recent tests indicate maybe GERD is a misdiagnosis.  So IBS was determined the probable culprit, but my doctor ordered an x-ray "to make sure nothing else was going on."  The x-ray showed that I had "scarring" on my lung and left breast bone." so she ordered  a CT Scan with contrast to dig deeper.  My doctor is out of the office for the next week, but a relief doctor sent me the radiology report which states, "1) Minor linear scarring or atelectasis in the lung bases with slight peleural thickening on the right.  This is probably a chronic finding such as scarring.  No acute infiltrate seen.  2) a 1 cm sclerotic lesion on the sternum is mostly likely an incidental bone island.  3) Not mentioned above, there is also a small sclerotic lesion in the posterior left 10th rib."  

My mother died of lung cancer about 7 years ago.  I have never smoked, etc.  I did recently (April) have a bad case of bronchitis, but nothing else that I can remember in my life.  Should I be concerned about the CT and x-ray findings?:
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1094370 tn?1317138425
Rory...

Can you tell me what your symptoms of acid reflux/gerd were.  I'm kind of dealing with similiar issues after my endoscopy revealed no reasons for reflux..  I don't have "burning" but rather a discomfort in my chest and then pain when taking a deep breath that feels like my lungs.

I saw a pulminory doctor yesterday and had a chest xray but don't have results yet.  Also, PPI meds don't do a thing for me, so I'm really confused.

Looking forward to your reply.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lung Cancer Community Resources