Shadow on chest xray
Hi All,
I am a 26 year old male in good health (I think) and I have never smoked. About a year ago I had a chest xray that came back normal. 5 months ago I went to the ER for some heart palpitations that turned out to be nothing but they did a chest xray then too and that came back normal. Three weeks ago I got another xray done for some pain in my lower left side and they said they saw a small shadow on my left lung they wanted to double check. I did another full chest xray a week ago and they said they still see it and want me to go ahead and get a CT scan. I'm now scared to death that it's serious! I have no family history of cancer at all but I do have allergies. ( sneezing a kittle bit of a runny nose and a very tiny cough) So my big thought is CANCER!? Please help! Any thoughts or stories of similar situations would be greatly appreciated!
Hey, I had a simialr thing, and like you I was pretty freaked out.  From what I can tell you can have lots of different reasons a shadow on an x-ray, most are nothing to worry about espescially if you never smoked.  The CT scan they are doing is just to make sure it's nothing important.  Try not to worry to much.  I know it's easier said then done.
I have similar symptoms too and I freaking myself out that it could be cancer related. I myself have allergies and I wonder if that is playing a part in the discomfort in my lungs. Sometimes I feel pressure from my left arm pit straight into my chest by my heart area, I dont know if im having a heart attack or what. I hope someone can give some answers.
I'm having pain in the same place today coloagurl. :) I go in for a CT on Mon. so hopefully I can get some answers then. I have had a great deal of experience with stress and know it can create all kinds of pain in our chests. I'm concerned mostly with the "little shadow" they see on my xray.