Lung Cancer Community
Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC)

Good Morning MH family,
My dear friend has been diagnosed with SCLC.  Discovered after admission for pneumonia.  Right lung.  Metastisized to her liver.  CT scan of her brain is clear.  Without treatment physicians have told her 6-7 weeks to live.  

Begins chemotherapy this coming Monday.  Portal?? or Port has surgically been placed below her neck on the left side. Oxygen 24/7.

General health is poor.  Smoker 20+ years.  Unhealthy diet & virtually no exercise except to shop!!

Questions:  Desirous of input & experiences of those who have suffered from this disease as well as experts advise & suggestions.
I will be the primary caregiver.  It's God's plan...not mine.  (sigh)

What should I expect from Chemo?  Beginning with 3 days per week.  Off for 10-14 days...back to chemo 3 days.  This is the plan thus far.

Foods, liquids that will be particularly helpful?  Willhe be cold or unusually hot?  Bowels?  Vomiting?  What works!!!???  I want to do this right from the beginning...not trial & error.

Looking for all little nuances...big & small that worked for you personally or for your patients.  

Thank you from the very bottom of my quadruple by-pass heart of 1 year!

Elliot777

Good Morning MH folks,
I posted the about inquiry & have not heard from anyone.  I am puzzled.  I have been a member for a short time.  Would someone more with more "know how" advise me of where/how to post in order to get feedback.  All advise is appreciated!

elliot777
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lung Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank