Lung Cancer Community
Spiculated Nodular Density

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Spiculated Nodular Density

What is Spiculated Nodular Density in the lung?
Spiculated Nodular Density in the lung is concerning!  Cancerous (malignant) nodules typically have irregular, lobulated, or spiculated borders although many cancers have smooth borders.  This is something that must be looked at by your doctor.
The nodular density represents an abnormal lump. It may represent a malignancy or not (usually infectious causes leave lumps as part of the scars when they heal). The utility of CT scan in differentiating whether a spiculated nodule represents malignancy is poor.
About 21% of malignancies have smooth borders. Up to 66% of benign nodules may be spiculated (Radiographics 2000; 20:43-58)
Its best you have the findings reviewed by your doctor. The report is one thing, but then whether to proceed with something more invasive as a next step will also depend on other factors such as smoking and occupational history.
Good luck.
Monday, 2/25/08 a pulmonary nodule was spotted on my cat scan.  the size is either  1 cm or 1.5cm.  i go for rmy follow up cat scan 4/11/08 so that a comparison can be made to see if the lump in my lung has grown.  can anyone tell me what to expect either way, along the way?  all  thoughts are certainly appreciated or those who have experienced this either directly or indirectly.
Hi, I, too, have just been diagnosed with a spiculated nodular density in my left lower lung lobe!  I was wondering what you have found out about your condition????  Of note, I was a smoker for many years and have had 2 nodules in the right lower lung lobe for years without change.  Needless to say, I am terrified!  I am schedule tod see a pulmonologist next week, I guess for either just observation of the nodule for now or to have further work-up, ie, bronchial washing, biopsy or maybe even surgery.  Again, I am so scared I can't sleep at night, and of course, all the "stuff" I have found on the internet about spiculated nodules is enough to make one go crazy!
pm
try the baking soda and pure maple syrup IT REALLY reduces the tumor.
google up baking soda and maple syrup for cancer