Lung Cancer Community
Spot on Lung

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Spot on Lung

My wife has had a spot on her lung for about 5 years or more. The latest CAT scan says it's suspcious and larger. I do not have any information on size. She is to see a specialist soon as possivble.. She had her right kidney removed 8 years ago for a cancerious tumor. Could this be a renal cell cancer in her lung now?

Your concerns about the lung are valid.
About 10% of patients with metastasis do reach the 5 year margin.
What is atypical is the presentation of a solitary metastasis - usually there is more than one mass found.

The alternative scenario is whether this is lung cancer. It would be important to evaluate her risk factors for this: smoking history.

The specialist will likely decide the best approach - whether to perform a biopsy now and how.

Discuss your options with the lung specialist. Stay positive.
Never smokers, especially women, get lung cancer, too.  I hope that you have followed up with a thoracic oncologist, by now.
That is not true and I will tell you why.  I went to a Lung Doctor just last month to find out about a spot on my lung they found on a CT Scan.  My doctor told me just because i smoke does not mean it's CANCER.  I just had surgery on this spot last week and it was NOT cancer.