Stage 1b adenocarcinoma
My husband who is 53 years old and in excellent health other than this diagnosis, just had his right lower lobe removed.  He had an abnormal CT scan 6 years ago in which his doctor told him it was only scar tissue. With a new CT scan several months ago, we were told then it was a mass, but not malignant.  He decided to go ahead with surgery due to a chronic cough.  Needless to say, we were shocked over the diagnois of cancer. The mass was 8 cm but did not have lymph node involvement, so it was classified as 1b. We meet with an oncologist next week to discuss further treatment.  My husband does not want chemotherapy, but we need to do what is necessary.  How important is it that he goes through with the chemo? And will they do further testing such as a PET scan to determine if chemo is appropriate?  I am still somewhat in shock as my husband has never smoked.
My aunt had bladder cancer and had surgery to remove it and the doc did not suggest she do chemo and a year later, the cancer came back and she died.  Had she had chemo, it probably would have killed any other cancer cells lurking around in her body.  Good luck and God Bless you and your husband.
i suggest u take chemo because despite complete surgical resection da chances of relpase are dere...most likely cisplatin wil b given to him