Lung Cancer Community
Sweating - Stage Four
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sweating - Stage Four

What (if anything) does it mean when a person starts sweating.  Dad 81, has stage 4 (4cm mass and 6 nodules on other lung).  Hasn't had biopsy (his decision) thus no treatment.  I've known about the mass/nodules since Nov. 07.  He usually is cold-natured person but recently complains of sweating.  He is on pain medication for back pain (has had long time), oxye and fendryl? patch, lexapor.  Is sweating related to the cancer and if so, what does it mean?  Thank you for any response - I've posted before and I so appreciate your help.  
Related Discussions
Hi,

Sweating is not a very specific sign. For some it may mean a manifestation of infection, some people have fever, others may have sweats. For others, it may mean disruption of hormones – while most lung cancers may involve adrenal glands, manifestations of adrenal hormones are not common. Some vascular diseases like strokes or heart attacks may manifest with sweating first.  For others, it may mean nothing at all.
In general, if there are other symptoms to suggest something more than ordinary sweats this should be investigated immediately. You could also discuss the problem with the doctor.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lung Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank