Lung Cancer Expert Forum
Top Specialists/hospitals for Lung Cancer Treatment

Welcome to the International Lung Cancer forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

We are in NJ and want to get a 2nd opinion for Stage III lung cancer. I would like to know what Dr/Hospital is thought to be  in the Top 10 for this disease.
Dear grace2829,

Based on the information and feedback I have, I think MD Anderson Cancer center, Houston, Texas is the best for such cases. Prof James Cox at the centre specializes in radiation for lung cancer.

Other centers that you can consider are:

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York (Dr Richard Gewanter).
John Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland.

Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston.

Mayo Clinic, Rochester.

UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles.

University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago.

Stanford University Hospital, Stanford, California.

Duke University Medical Center, Durham.

University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington.

Smilow Cancer Center, New Haven, CT.

Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Indranil Ghosh
Hi grace2829,
If you have not yet found a center in jersey I definitely recommend Memorial Sloan Kettering in Basking Ridge.  My father has stage 4 cancer and he's doing great. The entire staff is amazing. Its a great clinic right here at home (I'm a jersey girl too) Good luck with everything!  
Hi guys,,just heard only invites ago here in Melbourne that a medical team here have found a method and a way to beat lung cancer,,they have found the cell that causes things such as emphaziema ,and other nasty things and believe that by blocking that cell it will allow the lungs to heal normally, it was the lead story on our news,radio,13 minutes ago,on 12/01/2012 ,,I'm sure if you google it,,something like lung cancer breakthrough Melbourne Australia you'll find what they are so excited about,,,just thought I'd let you guys know and as they said on the news it will ow give great hope for people diagnosed with lung desease ,,,,have a great day.
Should read ,,hi guys just heard only minutes ago,,this spell checker drives me nuts ,lol. But the breakthrough for lung desease is big news here in Melbourne ,,I hope they have found a way out,,they believe they have and are very excited about it,
Hi again guys,,it's already up on the website here,,it was only hours ago..I'm sure a lot more stories will follow,,,
Here is the link and page,,great news it appears,,especially for smokers with emphaziema ...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/8401756/breakthrough-may-help-heal-smokers-lungs
Thanks ! We find out the plan today.  That MSK branch  in Basking Ridge is about 8 miles from us , so if/when they prescribe  Chemo,  we are thinking about it. Good luck to your Dad!