Lung Cancer Community
Water on lung
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Water on lung

My wife recently (yesterday) had difficulty breathing (she was in the hospital at the time), and a CAT scan determined that she had water on the lung. They treated her with Lasix (I believe), and it seemed to do the job, but we are wondering what caused the problem. She was hospitalized following an endoscopy in which internal bleeding occured, and do to other problems, they needed to do a repet proceedure, but wanted to clean her stomach of any remaining foods, so had her on a saline drip, so we are not sure if that could be the cause, or could it be something with her heart (she has had AFib for many years)?
Related Discussions
1096512_tn?1384893378
the problem that caused her a difficulty breathing is post operative trauma pleural effusion.it sometimes happens in some patients who had aspirated some blood into lungs when endoscopy was done.i may not be only water in lungs but could be blood aspirated which is called hemothorax.but why was the endoscopy done?was she taken all kinds of normal examinations n tests done before she is observed with endoscope?could u add more details of the patient?if there is some kind of any fluid in the lungs it can be treated with a very simple operative surgical procedure called thoracentesis but not endoscopy into stomach unless aspiration of stomach contents into lungs.but this does not cause fluid in the lungs.so y was the endoscope done?if ur wife was using AFib then it could be some cardiac problem which caused the fluid in the lungs.so once meet the management to know whats going on there.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lung Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...