Water spot on lung
My brother had a liver transplant 3+ years ago; then a year ago had 2/3 of right lung removed due to cancer.  He has had major breathing difficulties lately and was told he has a water spot on the lung.  Can you tell me what might cause this, and how serious it is, and what treatments are good?
How is your brother? What other symptoms are present? If there is pleural effusion or buildup of fluid between the layers of tissue that line the lungs and chest cavity, it is important that the fluid is removed and the underlying cause, infection or heart issue, be treated also. For proper evaluation, it is best that you discuss the chest x-ray result  with his doctors. Take care and do keep us posted.
He ended up in ER a couple of weeks ago with extreme difficulty breathing and was admitted.  They removed fluid and lab results showed no return of cancer cells, but they did find a small blood clot, and have him on Heparin 2x day.  He went home on Monday and Thursday ended up back in ER with continued breathing problems and was re-hospitalized.  They have been unable to find out exact cause and have recommended pulmonary rehab, oxygen 24/7 and disability.  There was no additional fluid buildup this second time to the ER/ hospital, and he was discharged again yesterday.