What does the CT really mean?
HI. I had a CT done of my chest when I was hospitalized with pneumonia. The Ct scan has some findings, but other than telling me to go to an Oncologist my Dr. will not elaborate on what exactly the CT scan means.  IT says the following:
There is a 2.5 x 1.5 cm pleural based spicualted mass in the right upper lobe posterior segment. It may represent a primary neoplasm of the lung. A few nodular densities are seen in the lungs.

There is extensive hilar and mediastinal lymphadenopathy. There is also a 1.3 cm pretracheal lymph node of the mediastinum. One of the right hilar lymph nodes measures approximately 2 cm; on the left hilar lymph nodes measures approxiamtely 1 cm.

There is no consolidation or effusion seen.

I would really like to know in simple english what this is saying.  Thank you in advance.  Jane
Boy this sure sounds scary. I'd want to know what it all means also.  I hope you've gotten some answers by now.

Hugs
Candy