Lung Cancer Expert Forum
X Ray reults show Right Basal Patchy Linear Shadow

Welcome to the International Lung Cancer forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Hi, My issue started almost 5 weeks ago with a flue and fever which lasted 24 hours however i was left with a sharp pain just above my left temple and blocked ears and back of my head going down the neck pressurized. this lasted for two weeks and then developed a dry cough which lasted for a week at this point i am feeling very faint dizzy and sick went to 4 different doctors all of whom told me there was nothing wrong with me it is a flue give it another 3 weeks it will go away. during the fourth week the pressure developed in my chest area as well with slight pains to the left and upper back due to this i developed breathing difficulty i will suddenly get the erg to take deep breath and start breathing fast i requested a chest x ray on my last visit and after visiting hospital the results have come back with  "right basal patchy linear shadow". the doctor called me in to pick up medicine "CO-amoxiclav 500/125 mg tablets which contains penicillin. this is a 1 week course and i have been told to go back for a another x-ray in 4 to 6 weeks post treatment. I didn't have the courage to ask the doctor what it was? but i really need to know as i am worried and scared to death it is cancer. i have never been so scared in my life and i need to know if it is what i am dreading. i am 30 years old and a smoker for 12/ 13 years however i have quit since my x ray results which is probably pointless as it may be too late. please please please can some one help. you will be making a world of difference to me. Thank you. bless
Your X ray report does not mention any specific features of cancer.
You have done an excellent job by quitting smoking. Please continue to abstain from it. You have all features of an infective episode, probably viral. You should take the antibiotic capsules, do steam inhalation and warm saline gargles for a couple of weeks. Please see your doctor for follow-up X ray as advised.
All the best, and God Bless!