Lung Cancer Community
circular white spot in my right lung in my chest xray.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

hi, i am 21 years old, and have been smoking for 3years, around 8 to 9 cigarettes a day.  I quit about a month back. i was diagnosed with GERD about a week after that. Almost immediately after the gerd symtoms (symptoms), i lost a lot of weight (about 5 kgs, and i am only 49 now) andhas extremely tired and feeling all sort of wierd pains all over my body, particularly to the right side.my right sideof the body went oddly  numb for a couple of days after these smtoms came. It feels wierdly like muscle pulls. Also isometimes getsharp shooting pains in my chest and a feeling of tightness, like some tied a band accross it. When i went to the dr for a complete medical checkup, all my blood work and urine samples came out normal, with just a deficiency of good cholestrol. and that too not a lot. My mcv was also 98, but the dr said thats not to be worried about.  WHAT worried me is the xray. There was white clear round spot on my right lung that is about half a centimeter big in my xray, so i dont know how big it actually is. its very opaque and very defined and stands out in the xray. My dr said its thing to worry about, but he didnt explain exactly why he doesnt think its cancer. i kow this sunds silly, but everything i have been feeling up today feels wierdly like the symptoms of cancer.ieven have difficulty swallowing food now. and there is always a mild ache in my chest. he said something like bent bronchia and xray being 2d could nt image it properly. or something which made no sense to me.

can you please tell me what could be the other reasons for the spot? and how do i make sure? should i get another chest xray done? thank you
Hi there!

Possible causes include infections, inflammations, congestion, granulomatous conditions, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest discussing the situation in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!