Lung Cancer Community
concerned by masses
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

concerned by masses

my father had chest x-rays and ct scan that detected masses in his lungs,  the doctor wants to wait 6 months to see if they grow before he does a biopsy to determine if it is cancerous,  should we wait?
Related Discussions
-5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Please do not wait. They waited on my husband, who all of a sudden developed lyng, lymph node, 2 brain tumors, spinal tumors, bone cancer, and liver cancer. He died in 12 weeks. Please be aggresive (aggressive) in having this looked at right away. Good luck, the sooner something is treated the better results can be.
Blank
thank you very much and I'm sorry for your loss.
Blank
Hi.
I am sorry for the tragedy that LLWB faced.
Bear in mind however, that the experience of one patient will be the experience of most. There is much experience in finding and following these masses on scans - and observation doesn't mean doing nothing until its too late. If anything comes up, then the plan changes. You may also schedule a follow-up for a check-up after 2 or 3 months even without any particular symptoms.
Of course a second opinion wouldn't hurt.
Its best you discuss the risks of doing the biopsy as well with your doctor, because afterall - it its the complications that deter any intervention at the moment.
Stay positive.
Blank
Sorry, I made a typo... I meant ....
that the experience of one patient will NOT be the experience of most.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lung Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank