Lung Cancer Community
diagnosed with minimal PTB

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

diagnosed with minimal PTB

hi. im 24 years old.  when i got my medical record for a job the clinic says that I have with minimal PTB (PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS) when i was 22 years old. so I asked for a second opinion, but my doctor says that i don't need to take another CHEST XRAY lab, She gave me a medicine rifampicin, and the side effect will be my urine get red. after i took my rifampicin for 2 weeks, my doctor says that it will be ok, but now i am worried about it, and it gets me confused why should i have a minimal PTB if i dont have a sputum, but i remember after i took the xray my nose was bleeding, and i dont know why.and now im afraid, i want to have a new job but im afraid if i the company required for a chest xray and it happen again. pls help me and answer my question pls...

honeybee
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you?Were you able to see a pulmunologist at that time? Was there a repeat x-ray after the treatment? If you took the medicine for only 2 weeks, this may not be long enough. To determine if you have this condition still, you can have a sputum test done and see a pulmunologist or lung specialist for clearance which will be used in your work application. Take care and best regards.