Lung Cancer Community
granulomas and cancer??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

granulomas and cancer??

I have recently had chest tightness and shortness of breath and on my chest xray it showed a few tiny granulomas-what are those and are they bad. Also could a tumor be mistaken for granulomas?
I had the same thing happen to me.  I went to the ER for an anxiety attack and they found a granuloma in my lung.  The ER doc talked to me like I should get it rechecked in a few months,  which scared the hell out of me.  I followed up with my doc and he said not to worry about it.  He said they are not associated with any cancers.  He assured me not to worry about it.  I think that radiologist know what they are looking at and wouldn't mistake the two.
I am 32 years old. I just had back surgery and before the surgery they did a chest x_ray. After going back in for the check up i was told That I needed to follow up w/ my doctor.I had another x-ray and it came back that I have a granuloma. I have 5 Kids and I am scared to death that It's cancer. What are the chances? I aam schudelued for a ct scan for fourther observation. Please any info at all would ease my mind...... Thanks
Granulomas do not suggest cancer.  Usually a sign of an inflammatory response, past or present & common.  Typically not something to worry about.
What did it end up being? I am a mother of a 3 year old and just was told I have a mass in my lung. they think it is "probably" Granulomas due to my age. That "probably" scares the heck out of me. It KILLS me to think I might not watch my baby grow up.