Lung Cancer Community
hard to exhale?? whistle, bubbling sound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Hello, Im 43....I was very sick in Dec, bad chest cold coughing up lots of green flim. This went on for 6 week...no i didnt go to Doctor untill recently. Anyways i started noticing whistle sounds and a bubbling type sound when i would exhale only. Now Im finding it more and more harder to exhale when i lay down at night???? Do you think i might of damaged myself by not getting to a Doctor. I just went to a new doctor the other day, i just moved to a new town in december so im slow at getting around. My new Doctor didnt hear anything and said i had a bad sinus infection and put me on antibiotics....she decided to hold off on exrays untill she gets all of my records in...Im getting scared, My father has enpezema and cdop???? Dont know if i spelled that right....And i had a very bad year in 2008 very stressed out and had back surg on top of it all................................Then i started smoking again in july, so thats why im so worried...Help Please , what do you think
First thing you should do, which anyone will tell you, is quit smoking. The body begins to regenerate cells almost immediately after the last cigarette. Also, green mucus is a sign of infection of some sort, as opposed to yellow, which is only dead white blood cells. So if you have green, you have an infection. I can't tell you exactly what kind, but most likely it's bronchial. Since you're 43 and hopefully plan on living long, stop smoking. My father died a painful death not too long ago from smoking all his life, along with some other liver complications. He's rested now, but he's dead. I know what it's like to crave cigarettes. I'm 24 and have been smoking for 2 years straight, one pack a day! I've been trying to quit which has been getting better for me. I now smoke maybe 1 or 2 cigs a day and hopefully will quit completely. I hear Chantix works very well with eliminating the crave. The side effects are dreams at night, but when I was in the military, a group of people in school got on it and all quit smoking. You would need a prescription for it and it comes in two packs. First one is a smaller dose than the second. It costs about $120 for the first and $135 for the second if you don't have insurance. I haven't tried it yet because I really don't have the money for it. Now if you can run, run. Run till you puke, seriously, it helps, push yourself but don't kill yourself. If you think you ran to your limit. That's the point wher you want to do a quick burnout, a real good sprint. Works in the military. Also stay away from smokers, find yourself a hobby and immerse in it. Before you know it, distractions will take over and you'll go without one for quite a while.

Lookup atomic number 8. It's the food for life. Get as much of it as possible. It's free, and when it all boils down. It's what all mediciene is designed to help provide. In 5 seconds, out 5 seconds. You'll see how it actually hurts in the beginning.

Last thing, forget about bubbles, whistles and other people's illnesses, the mind can heal you or kill you, depending on how you use it.  

Hope this helps my friend. Good luck.
hello, just got back in to check on my post, guess its been a while.lol. Yes i know smoking will cause that and i did stop again on the 18 of feb. I have stopped several times over the last 25 yrs or so. Each time for three to two yrs at a time . This time for good. I cant excersize you see i had back surgery and have fms im in chronic pain and have chronic migraines due to neck injury so its kinda a stuff deal there. I worked in silica and lead at a china factory and a few other factories that had some toxins and between them and smoking and chronic allergies i was trying to find out what was going on..Ive been on 2 antibiotics but nothing has changed so i go back to doc this week hopefully i can have a chest x ray done just to be safe. My grandfather died from enfazema. My father also has it and copd so im am concerned and dont want to die that away. Thnkyou so much for your advice and love your help anytime you can be hear to answer my questions. Thanks so much.