hoarse voice
hi i have a hoarse voice for 2 months now. when i talk for about 3 mins. i totally loose my voice.  went to an eent and cannot figure out what is causing hoarseness.  i have taken antibiotics and even meds for gerd nothing happened still have hoarse voice.  they said i have swollen vocal folds took antibiotics already and steroids no effect as well.  my thyroid was also check and the test was clear.  i was diagnosed with reinke's edema but i do not smoke meds given had no effect as well.  what could be causing my hoarseness of voice please help? my doctor does not know what to do anymore to cure me. thanks.
I get the same thing in the spring and it's from allergies. I always freak out since I smoked for so many years, but come June, it goes away. If you don't smoke, then I wouldn't worry about but, I would look into it.  If you do smoke or were a smoker, then I'd look into it further. If you'r doctor doesn't give you a satifactory answer, go to another. A chest xray would be a good first step and is inexpensive.  I'd take a look at my throat as well, A good dental exam, as they are trained in oral cancers and docs usually don't look pay that much attention to your mouth.
I went through a period of hoarseness, I was always hoarse, and of course I worried that it was cancer.  I went to an ENT doc, and he saw scar tissue on my vocal cords.  The antibiotics and steroids did not resolve the problem, so I had surgery to remove the scar tissue.  I was not able to speak for about 3 wks after the procedure, that was hard, especially with 2 small children!  But the hoarseness was gone, and has never come back.  That was in 1992.

Have you seen an ENT specialist?  I hope you get this figured out, I know how frightening it can be.

Lapis
hi. yup seen an eent doc gave me new rounds of steroids for 5 days still no change.  he said i should alredy go to a laryngologist
I have hoarseness in my troat for the last 3 to for years.
Went to ent but found nothing.gets worse when im talking for awhile.
was told nothing to worry about but sometimes find it hard to get words out
Hello Aubrey626
I was searching online because I have the same thing as you...with the hoarseness.
I need help desperately. Ive gone thru all your same doctors and antiobiotics..
did you ever get an answer for your hoarseness.
My cords are swollen and nothing helps