linear lung nodule
During a recent cat scan for another medical issue, an 8mm linear nodule was found on the lower lobe of my right lung. Another scan has been scheduled for the specific lung area tomorrow. I quit smoking in April 2005 when my sister died of chronic lung disease (none of it cancer).  My mother had severe emphazema, so was wondering if this could be heriditary? Also, is 8mm a size I should be concerned about? Any information you could provide would help greatly. Thank you for your time.      
nan1943
Hi there!

The nodule could occur due to either benign or malignant causes and it is difficult to comment specifically on the situation without knowing the relevant clinical details/ detailed description of the nodule. It would be best to discuss the situation and the further investigation/ management plan in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!