lung ct scan
did radiologist use  3d lung reconstruction to diagnose lung cancer ?
if yes what software they use.
if not,  then why not ?

This discussion is related to Have i or havent i?.
Radilogists don not use any software to diagnose lung cancer.Tests like CT,Chest Xray,Biopsy,MRI are done on the patient.These equipment use computers which uses the software that is supportive for the machinery.For .example if You take a CT scan to search for lung cancer the software system utilizes different angles to view the lung fields in many dimensions.3D lung reconstruction  uses Improved Ray Casting Algorithm which provides information for diagnosing respiratory problems.Electrical impedance tomography (EIT) system is also sometime used but these have the same concept of integrating algorithms produced on the CT scans.Im not so sure about the companies which design these software systems.Such highly designed mulitmedia systems come up with preinstalled softwares which are provided by the manufactures of the machinery it self.My hospital uses The Hitachi companies Ct scan.Seimens and some chinese companies produce this software systems including the machinery.
thank you for  nice explanation.
i created  application that focused on improvement of lung CT three-dimensional visualization by providing the algorithm for highlighting abnormalities in this organ.  

it will be nice if radiologist will review  my software and  Please, send any comments, bug reports and ideas to improve Unic3DView !
I would like to know if you want more features?  
my site url is http://www.unic-vision.com