Lung Cancer Community
lung nodules after grade 3 ductile cancer what is diagnosis???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lung nodules after grade 3 ductile cancer what is diagnosis???

Hi a year ago my mum was diagnosed with stage 3 invasive ductial cancer and under went an operation to remove the lump and some tissue around it as well as the lymph nodes. After that ahe had a course of chemo and radiotherapy. She was given the all clear at her 3 month check in september and went back again in dec for her next check where she raised the issue of more lumps along the scar. she was told this scar tissue and not to worry as she was due a mamogram (mammogram) in Jan. The mamogram (mammogram) showed the shadow which was thought to be scar tissue and as a precaution they did a biopsy which showed that infact the cancer had returned. She had a masctomy three weeks ago and also had to have some of the muscle shaved away due to it spreading to the muscle. Now we find ourselfs today with the results of the CT scan etc and it has shown there are nodules on both lungs. What does this mean? is it conclusive its lung cancer knowing her previous experience and the fact the docs have told her that she has an aggresive (aggressive) form dues to its spead of growth in past dealings. what treatment if any is there? will treatment prolong the inevitable r can it be cured at this stage? she has an appoint with oncology but not til late on fri and i feel like i have so many questions now!!