Lung Cancer Community
lung scarring both sides
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lung scarring both sides

My 37 y.o. husband went to the dr today for a routine blood test to check on his diabetes.  He mentioned that he is a smoker and the dr did an x-ray.  It showed scarring throughout both lungs.  The dr also said he has a viral URI.  She said she wants to send the x-ray to a radiologist then get back to my husband.  

My husband remembered that 2-3 years ago he did very poorly on a respiratory test (air flow) and the dr said his lungs were weak and he needed to exercise more.  i don't think a chest x-ray was done at that time.

How worried should I be?  The doc said it will be several days until we hear more.  Can this be minor?  Or because it was in both sides (I didn't see it so I don't know details) and he has other symptoms, is it serious?  He does have a chronic dry cough and allergies.  His CBC was normal.

I know no one can give a diagnosis online, but I'd love to hear thoughts on what may be going on and how aggressively we should push for additional tests (and if so, which ones)?