Lung Cancer Community
metastatic lung
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

metastatic lung

My Mom was diagnosed w/lung cancer in dec '07. In jan '08 she had a left upper lobectomy. 2 small adenocarcinomas 1.3 cm and 1 cm were found in the extracted lobe.pathology reports say lumph nodes were negative for cancer. in aug '08pet scan revealed right upper lobe was positive and left 5th rib postive w/ 1 cm lyctic lesion. in oct '09 a second lobectomy was performed on the right lung.  no chemo recommended at his time. Jan '09 pet scanned positive in a lymph in right chest. Now  chemo is recommended instead of diseased rib portion being removed.  She is scheduled for first chemo treatment Tues.  she has rec'd small doses of radiation to the rib. She is still active..cooking daily dinners, housekeeping 67 yrs old.  ex smoker.  I still feel the option of rib reoval to rid her body of that cancer is a valid option.  what do you think?