Lung Cancer Community
methamphetamine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

methamphetamine

do you know of any misdiagnosis of lung cancer from smoking methamphetamines. I would like to read about it as i believe this is my situation....i have beed told by street people of this and of one program on cable tv (i missed). I had video assisted thoracic surgery wedge resection that was diagnosed as pulmonary nodules, bilateral   i had the bottom of my left lung removed and have been on chemotherapy for about 9 months. ...(.before this diagnosis i had just (within a month) healed from a lumpectomy and chemo and radiation...the breast cancer was shown to be gone). I remember my dr. being very concerned because they could not determine where this ling cancer came from. .. i am now free from any sign of cancer in my lungs but i am supposed to stay on chemotherapy for at least 4 month (once a week for 3 weeks , then 1 week off) before my Dr. says he will even consider lowering my dosage of chemo.   My Dr. says i could be on chemo indefinatly .  I am very concerned because if it is the case and  i was misdiagnosed, i fear what side effects i may get from un-nesessary chemo.  i have one ear at the drs. office who at least seems to be listening to my concern. i was told to go to the internet and see what i could find..i found you (thankyou)..maybe we can get the tissue re tested if i can show a good reason for my concerns.
Tags: nodule
I hope you no longer smoke methamphetamines, especially after going through all this. Well, there are no documented reports which have implicated methamphetamines to cause lung cancer or conditions mimicking lung cancer. You need to tell your doctor to get the lung tissue that was removed to be tested again. Or you could ask for a diffrent lab to do the tests. What did the previous reports say? What type of cancer was diagnosed? You will have to convince the doctor for getting the tissue re-tested. Goodluck.

Your situation is interesting and I hope you are indeed cancer free.  Many will scoff at what I'm about to suggest, but I wonder if meth use can (somehow) help the ability to fight cancer and possibly play a role in 'curing' it? It seems highly unlikely, though weirder things have been known to happen. This thought came to mind after hearing several people who have used meth and say that doing so eliminated their pain from ailments such as headaches, toothaches, backaches, etc. What's even more convincing is knowing someone who's still alive despite a 3 month life expectancy they were given 7 years ago! Not only that but has since then accomplished all she was told could never survive and death being certain if she even try! What's even MORE remarkable is that she uses methamphetamine! As a matter of fact, it's when she hasn't used that her health really takes a turn for the worse! My attempt to rationalize this is to consider how the methamphetamine may stimulates her immune to help fight what should have otherwise killed her. Don't get me wrong I'm not writing this to condone using meth - absolutely not! I'm simply sharing my observations. Whether these assumptions are right or wrong, who really knows? I wonder if the Dr's can figure that out? I guess the real mystery behind medicine is that despite what negative effects drugs have on the human body, they ARE effective in some forms of treatment. So, yeah methamphetamine is BAD for you! Then again, how GOOD is chemotherapy really?
Meth is extremely toxic to the human body. Could it be possible that meth is more toxic to cancer?