nodules with ground-glass opacities
I had a CT Scan done last week with found scattered nodules 3 mm to 6 mm in size with ground-glass opacities + moderate emphysema.  Does this mean I have lung cancer?  I am 56 years old and have only smoked a few years and have quit recently.  Any help me with this?
I guess no one with any inteligence wants to answer. No one knows the answers. LOL
How come I have no one commenting?
No one can tell you if you have lung cancer until they biopsy it or remove it,.
I had single 8mm ground-glass nodular density found in 1/2006 in a CT scan for my diverticulitis. It was re-checked months later and determined to be "scar tissue" etc.
4/21/09...another CT scan for diverticulitis attack. Guess what a very good radiologist found and reported?  The nodule was now 1.6cm and he suggested a low-grade malignancy such as bronchoalveolar carcinoma.
Fast forward to 5/29/09, I underwent what was to be VATS surgery and turned into a thorocotomy with lobectomy of my left lower lobe.
Bronchoalveolar Carcinoma. Clear lymph nodes, no mets.
Follow this through with the professionals. Good luck and God Bless.
Greetings! I am a Jersey Girl too.  I was born there and lived there until I was 18. I'm 62 now and have gone through a similar situation to yours.  Last December I was diagnosed (through CT scan and PET scan) with Lung Cancer.  I had 2 fairly large tumors in the upper right lobe of my lung.  I had surgery (lobectomy) which showed 2 different kinds of lung cancer and 3 out of 12 lymph nodes affected by it.  The good news is that my most recent CT scan came out clear!  I am feeling very positive these days and I want you to know all this so you will know that things can go very well with the right and early treatment.  
Blessings,
Mary Kay
Wow - it is great news that you scans are now clear!!! You must have very good doctors.  How are you doing?  Do you have any trouble exercising because of the surgery?  I am from Northern New Jersey - glad to hear from another Jersey Girl.

Sorry I am so late to answer you - forgot to check all my e-mails.

God Bless,
Julie :)